Modern ranch style rustic home on 6.2 acres of nicely manicured property and large graded areas ready for expansion. This home has an open floor plan for the kitchen, dining and living area with 11.5 foot ceilings, 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, an office, and an additional room with multiple windows with views and a closet (could be used as an office or guest bedroom). One of the larger bedrooms steps from the living area was used by owner as the ideal entertainment/movie room. Enjoy the sound of rushing waters from a wooded setting of seclusion and privacy with unobstructed, abundant views of the Swan Range Mountains. Feel secluded from the world, yet only a couple of minutes to launch a raft on Swan River, and under 10 minutes from downtown Bigfork and launching onto Flathead Lake. This town offers a play house, sushi and other fine restaurants, wine bars, a brewery overlooking the famous Flathead Lake, a grocery store with natural food products, post office, building supply store, and workout gyms. The roads to get to this property are easily accessible any time of year, and the placement of the home on a small knoll continues to add to its charm and uniqueness.
Things the owners appreciate: Truly a gem. The owners liked to entertain, and though arguably Bigfork is already one of the most beautiful parts in Montana, guests consistently came to the property in awe. There is something special about this land, and people notice it right away. Though a short drive to the crown of the continent, Glacier National Park, you'll feel satisfied simply enjoying a view from your windows or picnicking by the creek. Montana is known for its dancing lights and purple mountains, and this property gives such Montana serenity and beauty in abundance from your own front porch. The east side and back side of the home also enjoy the sounds of the creek. Abundant timber but manicured and cleared well so that you may take a regular evening stroll through the property, enjoying the clear, abundant views of the Swan Range mountains. The creek runs through a partial side and along the back of the property, year round - enjoy the purple rocks known to the surrounding areas. Most windows have mountain and tree views. Updated home with plenty of storage space, natural wood accents, sliding barn door from main living area into bedroom/movie room and a rough cut lumber room that you won't want to leave as the multiple windows truly boast of the serenity of this particular property. Natural tone wood laminate flooring, thick foam padded carpet in four rooms and newer appliances and fans. Beautiful, newer dark chocolate enamel wood stove in front of stone, wood and granite centerpiece in the living area.
- High speed internet. Owners worked from home online.
- THREE heat sources for the home, and a cooling system -high altitude, energy efficient, mini split unit - help the planet and your electric bills through the year.
-Additional two heating sources are the wood stove and electric cadets.
- 40 foot, High Cube, One Tripper Storage Container. Hardwood floors, 300 square feet of floor space, 3000 square foot volume capacity, heavy duty metal shelving, tool hanging racks, weather proof, animal proof, rodent proof. Double door entry on each end. (Owners used as a shop). Room for side by side and Sea-Doos.
- Solar lighting at property entrance.
- Large Finished Attic.
- Extra Large Double Garage, 22' X 26', work lights, work bench, insulated and heated. Plenty of room for extra work space areas, safe, freezer and still possible room for workout area.
- Open Living, Dining and Kitchen area has 11.5" ceilings.
- No HOA, only a road maintenance agreement for $360/year. May pay quarterly or annually.
- Covenants are not too restrictive, however in place to keep the neighborhood looking nice, pristine and not becoming unsightly.